“DeelforHost”, is a two year project funded by the EC under Erasmus+ KA2 , Cooperation among organisations and institutions in HE, in the 2021.
The EUROPEAN ASSOCIATION OF ERASMUS COORDINATORS, CYPRUS, is one of the partners in this project together with six more partners. The Coordinator is the UNIVERSITY OF PIRAEUS RESEARCH CENTER, GREECE, and the rest of the partners are:
- The HIGHER HOTEL INSTITUTE, CYPRUS
- The IKONOMICHESKI UNIVERSITET-VARNA, BULGARIA
- The UNIVERSITAT DE LES ILLES BALEARS, SPAIN
- The UNIVERSITY OF CYPRUS, CYPRUS
- The VIDZEMES TURISMA ASOCIACIJA, LATVIA
The project concentrates on the development of ONE RESULT, which is an innovative platform, a state-of the art ICT tool that will digitally transform and enhance employer engagement activities between HEIs offering programmes in Hotel and Tourism (HT) and the Hotel and Tourism Industry (HTI). The platform will have a clear educational orientation in the field of HT, involving digitally employers in the essence of educational work. It will work as an online management tool for all HEIs who offer employer engagement activities in a modern and effective way. It will facilitate European digital networking, collaboration and proliferation of good practice.
The main objectives of the project are:
- The digital transformation and enhancement of employers’ engagement between Higher Education(HE) and Hotel and Tourism Industry(HTI)
- The improvement of the HE curricula to meet the needs of HTI, utilizing resources and tools sourcing form the industry
- The online access HTI enterprises for practical training or employment of part-time or full-time students/graduates
- The development of online fruitful networks between professionals in HE and HTI
The direct target groups of the project are the Teachers and Students or Graduates of HEIs, in the field of Hotel and Tourism, and the Enterprises and Employers in the Hotel and Tourism Industry.